November 8, 2010 – Andrew,
Most of you know that Court and I try as hard as we can to buy American made goods whenever possible. For lots of reasons, beginning with quality of manufacture and ending with supporting companies who try to keep us an economy that actually produces things. Y’know, the economic model that made the US the strongest country in the world. The article below lists some classic ‘Made in America’ products that either aren’t made in the US any more, or just aren’t period. The inability to see beyond $10 off a pair of sneakers, to see the damage our greed for a ‘good deal’ is doing, is crippling the nation’s ability to see any long term view of where we’re headed by doing this. Sad days, my friends…
For those who still care about this, here’s a few links to find USA made goods in a variety of categories. Or find your own, and give them your business! They are out there!
- StillMadeInUSA.org – General links to US made goods in all categories
- SchottNYC.com – Great leather jackets and accessories
- AllAmericanClothing.com – Quality clothes (even jeans!) made in the US
- LegendaryUSA.com – American motorcycle clothes and accessories
- BrandoftheFree.net – American made T-shirts